To keep your car clean and look like new you have to keep the car paint color safe and avoid fading using some best practices and tips discussed here. Car Paint Fading is a very common thing to happen over time. Certainly, paint fades, it’s a fact, but there are few steps which can be taken to extend the fading process and which can keep your car look new for a long time.
Major factors causing car paint fade
- The most familiar contributor to paint fade are ultra-violet rays, and the source of those rays is sunlight
- Pollution and supplementary chemical and biochemical deposits also add to fading.
- Things like pollutants in the air, abrasive cleaners, bird droppings, salt and insects
- Some car polishes have abrasives in them. These abrasives are not good for car as they cause get rid of tiny bits of the finish each time you polish, it gives a fresh surface that looks nice. But unfortunately, it leaves the colors more helpless to aging effects
Wax is something extraordinary that will give your car a shine that rivals polishes. Wax has a couple of advantages over polish, the main advantage is, It doesn’t take away any of the surfaces through abrasions rather it inserts an extra layer over your car’s finish.
But be careful and avoid over-waxing, because it can build up over time and affect the look of the vehicle.
One can’t deny the fact of time and eventually, the time will take a toll on your paint color by fading it. There are few steps that you can follow to slow down this process. Through good care you can maintain your car looking newer for a longer period of time.
Things to do to save your Car Paint
- Try every possible effort to park your vehicle in the shade
- If you are going to park your vehicle for a long time in the sun, then put a car cover on it
- Take care that you get car cover that has ultraviolet protection
- Wash your car well at least once every two weeks
- If your car is exposed to a bunch of chemicals like, road salt or intense insect activity, then you should wash it even more often
- Applying a clear coat over the paint will assist to keep against chemicals and to ultraviolet rays
- Try to locate the slightest abrasive polishes you can or avoid polishing all together